The truth is, I’m not an expert in the kitchen. I just know how to make things look good – wink! When hosting or entertaining, I love the recipes that don’t add to the stress level, pack fantastic taste, but will also wow everyone with how pretty they are. This blackberry and goat cheese crostini appetizer is the perfect thing to file in your make-it-easy-and-make-it-beautiful section of your recipe book. We all have one of those, right? I’m not the only one?
Begin by preheating your oven to 375.
You will then place your baguette slices on a baking sheet and sprinkle them with olive oil. Place in the oven for 5-7 minutes or until toasted.
While your baguette is in the oven, blend together your goat cheese and cream cheese. You can use a food processor or blender, but your old-school wooden spoon will do the trick as well. You will then want to add salt and pepper to taste.
*Hostess tip: to reduce any chaos the day of, you can create your cheese spread mixture ahead of time and simply store it in the fridge.
Once you have your goat cheese and cream cheese blended, you will then want to start assembling your crostini. Begin by spreading your cheese blend on each one. Then add 1-2 blackberries on each depending on the size of your baguette.
Next, you will want to drizzle each one with honey. The amount is your preference, but our cubs love a little bit more.
Then simply chop your fresh basil and sprinkle on your crostini to finish it off.
When hosting or entertaining, I like to display these simply on a large cutting board for added texture.
The taste is absolutely amazing. You have the saltiness of the cheeses paired against the tartness of the blackberries. Then that punch of sweetness from the honey? Heaven!
And when you can get your ingredients locally farmed? The taste is even more exquisite.
Either way, these blackberry and goat cheese crostinis will be a new favorite for everyone who gets to enjoy them!
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees The amount this will make is dependant on the size of your baguette and how many loaves you decide to use.
2. Slice your baguette
3. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until toasted
4. Combine 8 oz of goat cheese and 3 oz of cream cheese, salt and pepper to taste
5. Assemble your crostini starting with your cheese spread
6. Add 1-2 blackberries on each depending on the size of your baguette
7. Drizzle each crostini with honey and finish off with fresh chopped basil
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
The amount this will make is dependant on the size of your baguette and how many loaves you decide to use.